Friday, May 5, 2017

Why the New Blog?

I have had a few complaints about this but I am sure that all the mountains of information I have been uploading into the Cafarella-Cincotta site make it a little difficult to navigate and to understand the purpose of the site.
Originally I wanted the site:  http://cincotta-cafarella.blogspot.com to do nothing but show off photographs of family members. Secondly, I wanted the site: http://cafarella-cincotta.blogspot.com to be all about family stories. 
Recently, however, I have been purchasing many maps, photos, antique prints, and have been uploading island information along with them.  This is a bit of a departure from the original intent, so I thought I might as well return that site to its original format and move all the more general island and population stories and images here.  So This will be my task for a while, first purging the old site of these intrusions and moving them here.



This is just the core map of the family tree that I have been working on for a number of years now.  John Cafarella, Son of Joseph Gaetano Cafarella(The Marine) did the original Power Point central portion, but now this family tree is about three feet by three feet, and does not include my father's side at all.  Eventually, I will transfer all this to a new tree that will make more sense and look a bit less like a spaghetti bowl, though many of us really like spaghetti!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment