Wednesday, November 22, 2017

ANOTHER BOOK RECOMMENDATION

I have just ordered this book.  I kept quiet about it for a while as I gathered up the cash to buy it. 
I think this is great for those who are nostalgic about the islands of our ancestors.  It is, I believe, out of print.  That is what I seem to find all the time.  It can be quite expensive when you do find it, as it will probably be something that will be shipped from Italy.  Plan on a maximum of about  $50.00 US.  This, in case you do not read Italian, is a series of prints in black and white from the 19th century.  It is all about the countryside and the architecture of the islands.  I have tried to upload my sketches of the boats, for instance, but this will give you an accurate view of them as well as a host of other information that may never be available to you otherwise.
You may have to search Italian sites to get it, but a general search on the Internet may turn one up.  Mine came from Italian EBAY.
If you simply put this line into the search bar of your home page, several sites will come up with the book.  Just copy and paste this:
 
 Le isole Eolie. Paesaggio e architettura nelle stampe dell'800


No comments:

Post a Comment